- Medium size domestic wastewater treatment technology
- Small size domestic wastewater treatment technology
Municipal wastewater treatment plants (100 – 5000EO)
- are used for wastewater with an inflow higher than 30 m3/day (200 EO)
- are biological wastewater treatment plants with activated sludge in sublime
- are systems with a discontinuous through-flow (SBR – sequenced batch reactor)
System with discontinuous flow (SBR):
This is technology with an interrupted operation which has been the subject of interest in recent years together with the development of microprocessor control devices. Compared with continuous through-flow treatment plants these water treatment plants do not have a final sedimentation tank.
The process of wastewater treatment is performed in one tank, due to interrupted operation. The total cleaning cycle is divided into several phases:
- decanting (emptying).
Individual phases can be modified and set in such a manner as to be best adapted to the inflow onto wastewater treatment plant.
Advantages of SBR:
- managing of unbalanced inflows
- high and stable quality of water on the outflow
- lower operating costs compared with the similar systems
- high flexibility
- lower demands for space compared with continuous systems
- does not have a direct hydraulic connection between the inflow and the outflow
- biological wastewater treatment plant with interrupted activity
- consists of two activation tanks
- the operation is controlled by micro computer with the option to adapt the treatment regime to the quality and volume of inflowing water
- usually designed for a capacity over 500 PE
The TopolWater company ensures high quality on the outflow (values of BOD5 under 10 mg/l), nitrification, de-nitrification and partial removal of phosphorus.
Advantages of the FLEXIDIBLOK® wastewater treatment plant:
- high quality of water on the outflow – with sufficiently designed sizes of tanks, BOD5 at the outflow is about 5 mg/l and nitrification, de-nitrification and the partial removal of phosphorus is ensured
- fully automated operation with remote control system, reduction of costs for servicing
- high adaptability (option to use wastewater treatment plant for wastewater from septic tanks)
- maximum protection of the recipient – in the case of failure of one of reactors, the second reactor automatically ensures flowing through the wastewater treatment plant without interruption of the treatment function up to the time of repair
- low investment costs
- low costs for servicing
Description of the technological line:
The wastewater flows into the object of rough pre-treatment where sand is removed and on the fine machine screen any other rough dirt is separated. Pre-treated water flows into the distributing tank with an independent filling device for each of pair of SBR reactors.
After filling the reactor all sets of the treatment processes are performed in one tank which is based on the biological removal of nitrogen, organic pollution and the partial removal of phosphorus. Then the reactor is put into inactive status and after sedimentation of the activated sludge at the bottom of the tank there is decantation of the water and, at the end of this, the pumping of excessive sludge to the sludge tank. With this, the treatment process is completed and reactor is ready for further use. Both reactors regularly alter in their activities.
Depending on the volume of the flowing wastewater the computer automatically optimizes the operation in the system in a wide range from 10% to 200% of the designed capacity of the wastewater treatment plant. In the case of a small flow, such a volume of treated water will remain in the system which is necessary to ensure the optimal conditions of the biological processes. At the same time, consumption of electric energy is automatically decreased depending on the decreased flow of raw wastewater. In the case of increased flows, the total length of the treatment cycle is shortened so that before the filling of one of the two reactors the second reactor is empty. Within the range of the arbitrarily adjusted minimum and maximum values of the individual parameters, the wastewater treatment plant will react to the immediate hydraulic loading.
TOPAS domestic wastewater treatment plants
TOPAS 5 to TOPAS 300 domestic wastewater treatment plants (for 5–300 persons) are used for treatment of all wastewater (including wastewater from washing machines and dish washers) from individual sources of contamination. These are mainly the following:
- family houses,
- recreational objects and cottages,
- hotels and pensions,
wastewater treatment plants are delivered as complete products, including the lid without the necessity to purchase any additional adapters according to the depth of the inflow piping. For production of the skeleton frame of TOPAS wastewater treatment plants thenpolypropylene material is used which ensures the long term service life of the product.
In the Czech Republic wastewater treatment plants are certified by the SZÚ Brno testing laboratory.
Models of TOPAS waste water treatment plants
Variants of TOPAS waste water treatment plants
- Biological waste water treatment plant with efficiency of 95%
- Patented principle of operation based on alteration of the flowingand regenerating phase
- Built-in sound and lighting signalling of emergency status
- Heat-insulated, steam-proof, removable cap
- Independent sludge tank for anaerobic stability of sludge
- Completely removable technology while servicing the water treatment plant
- Treated water can be discharged into water streams (river, streams, lakes)
- Water can be used for watering of vegetation (with the exception of dropping)
- Unique technical solution of a waste water treatment plant
- Contains built-in sand filter for mechanical completion of the treatment of water at the outflow which during the regeneration phase is automatically washed several times during the day
- The efficiency of the treatment is higher than 98%
- The treated water can be used for penetration into the ground and underground water and for discharging into a rainwater sewerage system
- Recommended type for root and drop watering
Delivery and installation
The WWTP TOPAS is delivered as a complete ready made wastewater treatment plant connected and tested for functionality and watertightness. It is equipped with a green colour cover with a UV filter which fits to the walls of the tank by its weight. The inside part of the cover is lined with thermal insulation which significantly restricts noise and odour escapes and, therefore, the wastewater treatment plant can be installed close to residential houses. The blower for the wastewater treatment plant is placed in a special box directly in the wastewater treatment plant, so it is not necessary to install it in the house.Warranty
We provide a warranty period for the wastewater treatment plant for the duration of 24 months. The warranty period for the air blower is 24 months with the exception of the diaphragms in the air blower whose warranty is restricted to 12 months due to a shorter service life. The warranty period does not relate to defects caused by improper service of the wastewater treatment plant. This particularly concerns the incorrect setting of the timer and defects which can be removed according to the operation manual.
The TOPAS wastewater treatment plant is a self-supporting plastic tank which is usually installed into an excavated ditch bigger than 0.5 m (width and length) so that the cover exceeds the surface by about 0.15 m above the surrounded altered surface. By this means the wastewater treatment plant is protected against penetration of rainwater.For the installation of the wastewater treatment plant it is recommended to use mechanization (an auto crane).In common conditions it is sufficient to install it onto a sand bed with the thickness of 10 cm and then to backfill it with the soil from which rough stones should be removed. In the case of installation of the wastewater treatment plant into soil with a high level of underground water, we recommend to compact the bottom of the ditch with a 0.15 m wide layer of concrete or to place panels on the bottom layer. When backfilling the side walls with soil, the layer of panels should be placed on the bottom of the ditch to prevent the rising of the wastewater treatment plant.The backfilling of the wastewater treatment plant must be performed together with the gradual filling of the wastewater treatment plant with clean water to prevent bending of walls due to the pressure from the ground.